Friday, December 05, 2008

Maybe Its Not My Inner Demons Then

So ever since I could remember, sometimes right before I would fall asleep I would be in an almost frozen state, like I couldn't move, scream, kick, push or do anything. Once in awhile I feel like I see things [even though my contacts aren't in] or that I'm levitating. It feels like a demonic blanket is covering me and was holding me down, but I'm no Harlem World. It doesn't matter what bed I sleep in, since it happened at my folk's house, my various apartments and my current pad.

This still happens, and each time it does I say an Our Father until I am released. It always happens when I'm like 90% asleep and 10% awake. So during this semi-alertness I start saying the rosary haha.

As a kid though I kept this in, thinking I was possessed. Uhh hello, my name is Regan, just like the little girl in the Exorcist! Spelled the same too! Anyway after I started hearing other people talking about similar symptoms, I was like "hey that's me too!" Turns out that I have a case of Sleep Paralysis, which sounds a lot better than being possessed by Demons. As Nas says "I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death."

I googled it and came up with this page, and it sounds like a support group for people who also experience it. Maybe I might contribute to it too haha.
.