Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Ninong Reeg and Other Musings

Say hello to my newest godson! So now the Tacorda clan has a starting 5. It's a trip that my folks had 5 boys in succession to start off my generation, and now this generation starts off with 5 boys too! While some may think my family is male-dominated, I'm quick to think of the story of my Uncle Junior, who has 4 girls only. Here's a quote from his surprise 60th b-day earlier this year: "sometimes I wish I had a shotgun around in the house" haha. He always gave the best speeches though. Anyway I think I might parallel him, since he's the youngest boy, just like me.



***

So today I received my dri-fit Disney Marathon shirt, size extra medium. Remember this was when they ran out and were only stuck with XXLs? Like XXL-sized people run marathons away, so I wonder if that came as a surprise to them. Anyway that was over 2 months ago, and while Kram ran another half and a full since, I became the anti-Kram and maybe ran 1 mile total since no joke. Then I've been eating like a Somalian at a Vegas buffet, except after midnight as Rol and MosJef can attest to haha. For example I had a rib-eye for dinner last night and had a carnitas burrito for lunch today. But for some reason I can't really keep the weight on! Since I love me, I ran Disney clocked in at 143lbs. My weigh-in moments ago read 145lbs. So 2 lbs in 2 months without anything physical save for a few bike rides? I'm 5 lbs away from my goal, but I want that weight to go to my arms, chesticles and thighs, since boxer briefs aren't supposed to be baggy on your legs lol. If I was a chick I'd have chicken legs and be flat-chested.

As a result I did a few reps on my Perfect Pushup, since I told Cicely I would workout if the Warriors won, and they did indeed. [Nellie please be right and play B. Wright more!] So as a man of my word, I'm writing this shirtless after 75 pushups, and too bad I haven't really figured out to use this built-in cam, otherwise I'd post Reeg's pecs, which would've probably led to some pek-peks. Shout out to the Pek-Pek Posse!

Anyway I need to contribute daily to the R^3 program I've referenced before, so this is a start! This weekend is when I'll drop the CPA software on my laptop after I get my XP cd from moms. Lives and careers are developed when you're in your thirties, and I'm just tryna get a jumpstart!

***

Woohoo while I was gone I had my 10,000th visitor! But these stat is beginning to resemble the US economic situation, where a small percentage gets most of the wealth haha. So I'm sure like 30 people or whatever represent like 9,000 of those hits, and the other 1,000 hits are from a 1,000 different visitors? Well that might have been confusing but it made sense to me.

***

Started up my G-Chat account on the MBP, so its a iChat X Jabber X Google collab. I added a few of you so don't hit the decline button if you see reegsta come your way. I'm liking my MBP the more I use it. Its even travel-friendly.

***

Final thought - its a little more comfortable blogging outside of work, since I can actually have cohesive thoughts rather than a portion of my mind thinking about work. Hmmm....I feel like a Mr. Belvedere/Dr. Howser hybrid posting my thoughts before calling it a night.
.