Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What's the Difference?

Ant was thinking of penning a piece about different chicks to avoid, and disregarding physical features, I was thinking of some personality types. The first type that came to mind was materialistic girls, but then it got me thinking. What's the difference between a materialistic chick vs. someone who just appreciates the finer things in life? [Props is a true thug's wife.] Plus it would be hypocritical of me, since I'll be the first to admit I'ma materialistic mothereffer. But I'm trying to curtail it! I mean I'm not gonna start shopping at Goodwill [no offense to my GW shoppers, you can find good halloween costumes there], but I'm not sure if I'm really gon change much.

I'm driven because I want to have thangs, from having a fat crib to some whips to cool toys while looking dapper haha. But really its all for me, so its self-stunting really. I mean its getting kind of bad, since once i cross something off my list I just want something else. Like why the heck do I want an LV bag that cost a G?? But then I concluded that its pretty normal of us, while living here and being exposed to visions of grandeur, to have similar desires. So I can blame Cribs, any CW TV show, US Weekly and Niketalk all I want, but there's always gonna be someone that has something you want.

So I do appreciate the finer things, but it doesn't absorb me, so using that perspective maybe I'm not materialistic? Or maybe I'm just a label slut? I really just want to be comfortable, and my comfort level means playing golf and not worrying about a $12 rib-eye and being able to travel too, and even these examples can be considered luxuries. I mean its cool, but at the end of the day its the intangible things that matter most obviously. And I know my mental state is solid since I have my priorities in order. Remember people - the best things in life are free! Wow that sounds a little bakla but so what. But yeah anyway, guys still should avoid materialistic chicks haha.
.