Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Foodie Post!

Where: Hard Knox Café
When: August 7, 2008
Who: Julie, Tiff, Rach, Trish, Jeff, Jeff, Ed, Dennis, Vic, Nick, Kevin, Kathy, Reeg
What: Fried Pork Chops with Smashed Potatoes and Mac-N-Cheese, some Cornbread and a Coors Light
How Much: $18

Aight I’ma try to do this consistently with every foodie I have. Actually I’m just trying to inspire Tiff to get Grubadubdub on and poppin’! Plus I wanted a new category to add to mine…can’t throw everything into general you heard. Man been writing about food a lot, I must be hungry.

But yeah, I’ve never heard of this place before. It’s a pretty dope spot if you want some southern comfort food [aka hella fried with rich sides]. The cornbread was on point, and we received 2 each! I’m trying to limit my carb consumption, but I devoured the both of them. I wanted to save one for the main course, but you have to eat it warm. The pork chops were a lil too bready but still good. I think I like my rendition better haha. The potatoes were good but not creamy enough…actually I think I like my potatoes better too!

I would definitely go back and probably get the fried chicken next time. Damn I’m really hungry now.
.