Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Essential Top 25 - The Hip-Hop Edition

So I'm pretty bored at work, so I just scrolled down my iPod and came up with my personal top double dozen plus 1. Understand this was probably the hardest list to pare down, but I still did it in like 10 minutes! Surprisingly there's no Jay, no Big, no Rakim, but had this been another day, maybe they would've made the list.

Plus if I ever have new readers, I don't want them to think that I'm just an R&B thug haha. I bleed hip-hop yall. I'm surprised the Large Professor shows up 3 times on this, tied for most with Nasir.

So without further ado and presented in alphabetical order to quell any potential controversy are Reeg's top 25 Hip-Hop Songs [currently on his iPod]. I think real heads will agree for the most part.

2Pac - Staring Through my Rearview
Brand Nubian - Punks Jump up to Get Beat Down
Camp Lo - Luchini
Common - I Used to Love H.E.R.
De La Soul feat Native Tongues - Buddy [Remix]
Del the Funkee Homosapien - Catch a Bad One
EPMD - Crossover
INI - To Each His Own
Kanye West - Never Let me Down
Kool G Rap feat Nas - Fast Life
Luniz feat et al - I Got 5 On it [Bay Ballaz Remix]
Main Source - Fakin the Funk
Marley Marl feat Juice Crew - The Symphony
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II
Nas - The World is Yours
Nas - Memory Lane
Nice N Smooth - Hip-Hop Junkies
NWA - Express Yourself
Organized Konfusion - Stress [Extra P Remix]
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You
Run-DMC feat Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Down with the King
Souls of Mischief - 93 til Infinity
The Pharcyde - Runnin'
Tribe Called Quest - Award Tour
Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Your Neck
.