Thursday, April 07, 2005

The "I'ma Scrub" Story of the Day:

So the other day, I was as usual late in getting out of bed and late getting ready and thus, late for work. I was doing my morning routine - the bathroom stuff, the dressing stuff, and the switching stuff from yesterday's pants to today's pants (see the blurb for pocket accessories below). So everything was there, except my phone which was charging, and my keys, which was probably on a table somewhere. My apt is pretty empty, so it should've been fairly fast to locate them.

Anyway, I peruse my bedroom and can't find them. I look in my living room and can't find them. I look in my kitchen and bathroom. Where the heezy are they! I start looking in my jacket pockets, garbage, the toilet, just about everywhere and I still can't spot them. I mean, they have to be somewhere since I did enter the door last night. Then it happened and my heart skipped a beat. I slowly opened the front door, and saw my keys hanging off the knob. Yes I'ma scrub. Backtracking to the previous night, I remember carrying about 10 bags of groceries and didn't want to place them on the floor. I was so thankful no one took my limited edition Jordan Keychain which has hanging from it. Whew another close call.

***

I bought my sofa yesterday. It had a list price of $700 (which of course is BS) and a outlet price of $430, with tax and delivery total would be a shade under 5 benjimans (or would the plural be benjimen?!?!) Anyhow, I always try to implement my hustle skillz learned from the school of hard knocks, and asked him if I could get a discount. He thought about it for a minute, observed my intimidating physique, and stuttered saying he could do $450 flat if I pay by cash. That was cool with me, as I budgeting 6hun for a sofa (hey I could use the difference to pay for them shoes below!) So its being delivered today and I'll try to have pictures up for those who can't make my house-warming TBA (or more aptly, apartment-hotting). (that was dumb).

***

Wow I already received my BMG order. I remember back in the day, the turnaround was like 6-8 weeks, like it was a magazine subscription or something. (Unless its Complex mag, which has been 16 weeks and I'm still waiting for my 1st issue.) Hmmm, that BR album is cool, I think I'll like it. I've heard everything else except for that Strokes album. Now I gotta submit another order and cancel my account.

***

Taxes are due in a week, and I have yet to submit mine. I think I'ma file for an extension, as owing money to Uncle Sam definitely sucks toes.

***

Song of the Day:

Yo, in she came with the same type game
The type of girl givin out the fake cell phone and name
Big fame, she like cats with big thangs
Jewels chip, money clip, phone flip, the six range
I seen her on the ave, spotted her more than once
Ass so fat that you could see it from the front


Mos Def - "Ms. Fat Booty"

***