Tuesday, April 05, 2005

As an ode to the Top 5 show on the Food Network, here are the Top 5 fast food burgers ever:

V. The Whopper @ Burger King - I rarely eat at BK anymore, but you can't beat that flame broiled taste.
IV. Quarter-Pounder with Cheese @ McDonalds - Might as well get the "real meat" at CrackDonald's ya know?
III. Western Bacon Cheeseburger @ Carl's Jr - Whomever thought of putting onion rings in a cheeseburger is a genius.
II. Sourdough Jack @ Jack in the Box - Now I get all my sandwiches there with sourdough. Just make sure to tell them to hold the ketchup.
I. Double-Double Animal Style @ In-n-Out - Nuff said.

Observations: bacon makes anything better...nothing from Wendy's will ever be on my list...haven't seen Supersize Me yet...or read Fast Food Nation for that matter...never had a Sonic burger before...not sure if Nation's counts as fast food...right now I'm craving for Red Robin (ummm not for their burgers if you catch my vibe)...

***

I'm reading my Purell hand sanitizer bottle, and it says it kills 99.99% of germs. Man I'ma douche myself with the whole bottle! Why don't they put this stuff in soap? Or toilet paper? Or any cleanser for that matter? Imagine the possibilities.

***

Pic of the Day: The day has come. The $3 gallon of petro. Keep in mind this is about a mile from my crib, and I'm not exactly in the most affluent hood of SSF. Shoot with those prices might as well get premium! I challenge anyone to find a higher price. (taken with my SK.)



***

So today is the start of the baseball season. Yay. I have an online draft in a few hours, and I really have no clue as to whom to pick. Thank goodness for autodraft. Anyway, I don't get excited off baseball til September anyway. Go giants!

***

Interesting food item of the week: I went to 7-Eleven the other day and saw a bag of Funnyons (sp?) with wasabi. If I didn't already pay for the 12 pack and lotto tix, best believe I would've snatched a bag. Then I went to Albertson's looking for it, and they only have the original ones. Must be a 7-Eleven exclusive.

***

Congrats to UNC for winning the 'chip. Last week I said UNC would win 76-71. (Go ahead and check the archives if you don't believe me.) The final score was 75-70. Not too shabby huh? If it wasn't for my allegiance to Tech, I would've won a few hundred. No worries, I've learned that gambling and being a fan should be two separate entities.

***

Song of the Day:

S.O.S.
breaker breaker 1-9 mayday
surviving off of pennies until my next payday
all I ever wanted was a real nice lady
a clean pair of socks
and some fish for my gravy


Bush Babees - "SOS"

***