Friday, April 01, 2005

69 Secs Review: Napoleon Dynamite

I might have been the last cat in the in crowd to watch this flick. I finally popped it in my laptop the other day, about a month after initially borrowing from my coworker. The people were saying that I would love it. But the people were wrong. It was cool, but not on a timeless comedic level. It was neither corny or slapstick, neither hilarious or shock humor. Like a man with no hands, I couldn't really put a finger on it. As I was watching it, no scenes made me cry of laughter.

HOWEVER, after soaking the flick in for a few days, it became maaaad funny. I guess I'll call it "lag humor," since it takes awhile to sink in. "Retro Humor" works too. I was discussing particular scenes with friends and I was dying as they were being told. But watching it was merely a chuckle? Maybe it was because my screen was small, I was tired, I watched it solo, or something...but it didn't captivate me at first.



I give it a solid 4 tots out of 5 (referring to the scene above)

***

Its funny how people can immediately tell if something is wrong with reeg. Sometimes like my posts last week it was obvious duh, even Stevie Wonder could see that. But other times when I'm trying to mask it, they still can get a read. Yall know me better than I think! But anyway, thanks for the support and concern. (*2pac's Dear Mama line*) You are appreciated (*2pac's Dear Mama line*).

***

Song of the Day

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me


Evanescence - "My Immortal"

***