Friday, March 25, 2005

Whoa Nelly. I took that brain gender test again, and I'm even more female than before! 86.67% female and 13.33% male. WTF? So let's review my answers, as I need assurance that I'm a man's male. Answers are in bold and reasons are in italics.

1. Looking fashionable is important to you.

False
True

I wouldn't have so many shoes if this wasn't important.

2. You are better at:

Understanding what is being explained to you
Explaining things you understand

This goes back to group studying during finals...I've helped people get a better grade than me!

3. Do you tend to remember your dreams?

No
Yes

Please see dream about G-Tech basketball in my blog last week.

4. If you have a problem, you tend to

Ask for imput
Solve it yourself

Both answers could work, but I picked the more male answer.

5. In an argument or heated discussion, you find it most important to:

Drive your point home
Come to an understanding

I'ma reasonable and rational dude, and not so hard-headed, but don't mistake that for passivity.

6. Would you ever try an exciting new drug if it were illegal?

Depends on what it did
No - you prefer to obey the law

I've never even smoked a cigarette in my life. Not even a single puff. I remember when my older brothers used to smoke when they were like in 8th grade and I was really a youngin. They'd say to me "never smoke! its bad for you." I guess the point was driven home at an early age.

7. If someone you know is acting strange...

You try to read between the lines
You ask for an explanation

This is similar to the problem solving question above.

8. You tend to notice when someone has poor etiquette

False
True

There's a thing called golf etiquette, with regard to taking care of the course, playing out of turn, etc. This can be carried over to real life, as I'm been trained in golf etiquette for the past 20 years.

9. If a friend who's gained weight asks you if she's gotten fat, you

Are completely honest
Would consider sparing her feelings

I'm not an arsehole.

10. When talking with your friends, you're more likely to discuss

What's going on in your lives and people you know
Politics, sports, or news

People may be surprised at this answer. With dudes, it can be both answers. With chicks, its generally the 1st answer. Not everyone is a sportshead like reeg, and I'm aware of that, so I chose answer 1.

11. Even if you aren't one yourself, you can understand how some people can be vegetarians

True
False

Some people do it for religious, personal or dietary reasons. Not that hard to comprehend.

12. If a friend has a problem, it becomes your problem as well

False
True

Of course, since its a friend's responsibility to pick them up.

13. If you were to pick up a book for some relaxing reading, it would be:

Fiction
Non fiction

The last 5 books I've read were all fiction.

14. You could marry for money... if the person was a billionaire.

True
False

I guess this is true, but it wouldn't last. Sign a prenup!

15. When it comes to old friends

You tend to lose touch with people fairly easily
You're good at keeping in touch

With the various mediums (AIM, email, text, phone, etc) as outlets, it makes it easier.

So if these answers say that I'm a more female-centric thinker, then so be it. I'm confident in my masculinity, even if its only 14%-27%.

***