Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Hope everyone had a good holy weekend. Let me talk about mines:

Good Friday: Its been awhile since I've been to the club solo, and I was trying to see how a single dudes acts up in it. So you walk around and survey the talent, talk to your homies, get a scouting report, pick out a winner, attempt to read body language, try to make eye contact, wonder what drink she prefers, watch out for cockblockers, and think if its a girls night out or if she has a boyfriend. And that's before meeting her, if that even happens. So props to the single dudes out there who endure this. I wonder if girls actually like this happening to them. (Disclaimer: I didn't really do any of this, I was merely in a hypothetical.) I figure if the fella can hold a conversation, dresses decently, isn't overagressive and doesn't smell (i'm 4 for 4!), most girls would be willing to cooperate for maybe a drink and/or dance. However, most girls are the worker bees, but what if you're after the queen bee? That's when you got to Hitch your game up. At this level, you can play the part, look the part, and be the part, but the chances for success are still pretty slim. You need that "it" factor and them intangible qualities. Play your strengths. (Disclaimer II: By no means am I saying I possess these traits...I'm just sayin') They say like 10% of the guys get 75% of the single girls or something like that. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, so anyway, I'm there and then I see a couple of V-may's friends (darnit) and revert to sipping the brew while talking to the homies.

***

Holy Saturday: So I miss one of the greatest days in college basketball history, but it was worth it because I got to hang out with cici and her new bf. (Plus since G-Tech bounced I've been kind of anti-tourney.) He's not exactly "new" moreso its been forever since I've last seen her. We did the usual touristy thing, from fisherman's wharf to pier 39 to haight. We tried catching up on old times but evidently I'm the only person who remembers anything haha. Its cool knowing you could not see someone for days and they still act the same way you remember them. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Well anyway I hope you had a blast and thanks for the apt-warming gift, as the review is coming soon.

***

Happy Easter: Went to Chuuuch with V-may at OLM, went to Hercules to have lunch with the family, and went to the folks pad to fix some cable problems. Pretty productive I'd say. Too bad traffic sucked and I had to take a piss for the last 30 minutes of the drive. I just realized that I didn't give anything up for Lent. I think its funny how people say they'll work on things for lent, like being nicer to people for example. So after Lent is over you can revert to being mean? Hhmm maybe that's why I didn't give anything up. Or maybe because I'm lazy.

***