Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Elimination then Consolidation

I'm not talking about journal entries, but rather my systematic method of reaching my goal of under 100 by the end of 2010.  And I'm almost there!  I no longer became a shoe enthusiast - rather, I became a shoe whoreder [whore hoarder haha].  And you know what?  I don't miss any of these kicks I got rid of.  I primarily sold them, bestowed them to siblings, or just donated some unwearable ones.  I peaked at almost 200 at one time - so that's almost half of my kicks gone!  How come no one told me I only have two feet??  So it took 3 phases over 2 years, and right now I'm hovering around 100 since I did add a select few over the past several months.

I'm not sure if I could get much lower though.  There are some that are sentimental, some permanently deadstock and some permanently beaters.  I just gotta learn how to let go.  However, I'm thinking of doing the In-N-Out method.  If a pair comes in, that means a pair would have to come out - animal style.  Maybe down to 75 by the end of 2011??  Hmmph.

"X" marks the ones that have found new homes.  Remember these pics? haha