Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bridging the Gap

The longer the gaps I have between blogging, the harder they are to create. Anyway while walking to lunch today, I was brainstorming subjects to discuss right here. Sometimes you just need to simplify things…you’ll get a greater appreciation for everything. So without further ado, here’s some random crap that I observe that puts a smile to my grill.

- Seeing a thugged-out dude on the bus give up his seat for an elderly person or a lady, or an elderly lady. No, the thugged-out guy wasn’t me. You could tell his mom’s raised him right.

- Seeing a person reading a Library book. That means he/she has a library card, and it’s good to know that people still frequent here. I still wonder if they still use the Dewey Decimal system or is it all computerized?

- Seeing a beat pair of my kicks on someone else. Bonus points if it’s on a homeless person. I’m glad they put miles on classic footwear, just how their meant to be enjoyed. What especially makes my heart go squish are original colorway Jordans I through VI.

- Seeing a pregnant person. I guess depending where you are and how old they are, they’re typically glowing. Usually I see them around downtown/Union Square, and pending motherhood is amazing. However it’s quite the opposite if you’re in the inner-city and see preggy girls…its almost disheartening.

- Seeing someone pick up litter that wasn’t theirs. I’m glad they’re doing their part to make our cities cleaner.

- Seeing a father and son on the golf course. It reminds me of my youth, and how I begrudgingly went along [well really, I didn’t really have a choice lol]. I totally understand now.

- Seeing a friend with a new blog. We all have voices, and we all share this same medium. I like to see what’s on your mind.

- Seeing someone singing their lungs out in their car and/or picking their nose. Maybe because I’m guilty of both of these, but you just don’t give a *expletive* since really, who cares if they see you? 99% of the time you don’t know them.

- Seeing a dude who’s clothes are perfectly tailored for him. As I alluded to before, I can appreciate a dapper dude. Our bodies are blank canvases, and it’s up to us how we want our paintings to be presented. Okay that might be meant more so for tattoos, but it works here too…possibly?

I tried to think of 10, but I suppose 9 will do. As I think I mentioned before, lists don’t always have to be a rounded off number! There’s harmony in asymmetry.
.