Friday, November 07, 2008

Fugazi Foodie From Francis

Where: Little Beijing
When: November 6, 2008
Who: Tiff, Nick, Mike, Reeg, Roland, Geraldine, Rach, Ant, Steph & Alan
What: Chinese Food
How Much: $14

Since we’ve been having imclement weather lately, the authentic foodie spot chosen by Nick had to be indefintiely postponed. As a result we went to LB [not Little Brother] for the the 3rd time in about 2 years. It must be one of Nick’s fav spots, since we had his last 2 birthdays there. But this place is decent, you get some bang for your buck. Not to be confused with getting to bang for a buck, although since this was the Sunset, they might have been some brothels around.

Dishes Ordered from first to worst: Onion Pancakes, Salt & Pepper Pork with Parmesan Cheese, Mongolian Beef, Spicy Dumplings, Green Beans, Glazed Chicken, Other Dumplings, oh yeah and a chinese soup. Something tells me if TheUglyStick were here we’d have a completely different line-up haha. Oh yeah I just realized we didn’t order a seafood dish. No biggie.

Afterwards Alan was fiending for some dessert so we went to this dessert spot that straight looked like a Hong Kong establishment. I mean I’ve been to a lot of Asian restuarants in the Bay, and there’s remnants that remind you that you’re in SF. But this one looked to be straight out of the HK, from the d├ęcor to the folks to the menus. I was tempted to order the Lychee dish but didn’t want it hot, so I just opted to share a Mango juice drank with G. It was aaaaight, as I either only like Mango’s in the Mitchell’s Ice Cream format or straight fruit, but G seemed to like it. I sampled Tiff’s cantaloupe [Flip Fantasia!] dish, and it was semi-refreshing. I probably would’ve enjoyed it more on a hotter day.

But yeah, the 2008 Foodie Year is coming to a near end, with Rach choosing the next spot and our year-end one in December, which means I get to lead off 2009 woohoo!
.