Friday, November 07, 2008

Fugazi Foodie From Francis

Where: Little Beijing
When: November 6, 2008
Who: Tiff, Nick, Mike, Reeg, Roland, Geraldine, Rach, Ant, Steph & Alan
What: Chinese Food
How Much: $14

Since we’ve been having imclement weather lately, the authentic foodie spot chosen by Nick had to be indefintiely postponed. As a result we went to LB [not Little Brother] for the the 3rd time in about 2 years. It must be one of Nick’s fav spots, since we had his last 2 birthdays there. But this place is decent, you get some bang for your buck. Not to be confused with getting to bang for a buck, although since this was the Sunset, they might have been some brothels around.

Dishes Ordered from first to worst: Onion Pancakes, Salt & Pepper Pork with Parmesan Cheese, Mongolian Beef, Spicy Dumplings, Green Beans, Glazed Chicken, Other Dumplings, oh yeah and a chinese soup. Something tells me if TheUglyStick were here we’d have a completely different line-up haha. Oh yeah I just realized we didn’t order a seafood dish. No biggie.

Afterwards Alan was fiending for some dessert so we went to this dessert spot that straight looked like a Hong Kong establishment. I mean I’ve been to a lot of Asian restuarants in the Bay, and there’s remnants that remind you that you’re in SF. But this one looked to be straight out of the HK, from the décor to the folks to the menus. I was tempted to order the Lychee dish but didn’t want it hot, so I just opted to share a Mango juice drank with G. It was aaaaight, as I either only like Mango’s in the Mitchell’s Ice Cream format or straight fruit, but G seemed to like it. I sampled Tiff’s cantaloupe [Flip Fantasia!] dish, and it was semi-refreshing. I probably would’ve enjoyed it more on a hotter day.

But yeah, the 2008 Foodie Year is coming to a near end, with Rach choosing the next spot and our year-end one in December, which means I get to lead off 2009 woohoo!
.