Thursday, July 22, 2004

I've been wanting to make this post for a minute.  Here are my top 7 comedies ever.  Why 7?  Because 1. its a lucky # and 2. I couldn't think of 3 more.  I've probably seen these moves about 50x collectively.

1.  spaceballs - i'm forever grateful to my brother for bringing me to actually see this movie in a theatre back in '87.  "comb the desert!"
2.  friday - chris tucker obtains cult figure status in his portrayal of smokey. "it's friday...you ain't got no job...you ain't got $#!+ to do!"
3.  happy gilmore - pre-8 figure contracts was when adam sandler was at his prime.  "you eat pieces of $#!+ for breakfast?!"
4.  dumb and dumber - again, jim carrey at his finest.  "what's the soup du jour?" "it's the soup of the day." "umm sounds good, think i'll have that"
5.  something about mary/meet the parents/zoolander - didn't know what ben stiller flick to pick, but i *heart* all these films
6.  american pie - a modern classic, and probably the gift and the curse for stifler. "why don't u locate your dicks, remove the shrink wrap, and start using them!"
7.  office space - an ode to the 9-5 employee. "why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam!"
8.  old school - probably the best comedy to come out within the past couple years. "you're my boy, Blue!"

Okay I have 8, not 7.  Just missed the cut: Billy Madison/Waterboy (everything past h20 boy sucked), eddie murphy's raw/delirious and coming to america, and naked gun.