Wednesday, December 19, 2007

121907- The wish list...

BOSE QC3 Headphones

Retail: $180
Why I want it: Last time I was on a plane, the dude next to me pulled these out, and I had ear envy. I'm sure his ride was much more pleasurable than mine. And the ubiquitious white Ipod-issued earbuds aren't cutting it anymore.
Why I don't want it: I've been disenchanted with Hip-Hop the past few years, so its not like the content, beats and meanings will change.

CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 460 DRIVER

CALLAWAY X 3 WOOD

NIKE SLINGSHOT CART BAG

MIZUNO MP-60 IRONS

Retail: $300, $200, $150, $850
Why I want it: The driver just looks big and sexy [that's what she said]. I haven't had a 3 Wood since Jefe broke mine on the range a few years back. I have a carry bag now, but I don't even remember the last time I walked a course. My irons are over 10 years old and are my dad's old set. And I'll pretend that I don't know that G didn't get me the driver already.
Why I don't want it: A carpenter never blames his tools, and its not like new equipment will transform me into a better player. But its a start!

APPLE MACBOOK

Retail: $1500
Why I want it: I'm not saying my laptop is old, but it weighs more than some desktops nowadays. And it has a floppy disk drive.
Why I don't want it: The matte black finish won't match the piano black finish of my Samsung, DS and Jordan XI's.

THE WIRE SEASONS 1-4

Retail: $150
Why I want it: Strictly based on what critics say about this series, The Wire looks to be the best show on television.
Why I don't want it: Why should I buy whole TV run if I nary seen one episode?

CUSTOMIZED TIMBUK2 BACKPACK

Retail: $150
Why I want it: The work issued logo backpack isn't cutting it anymore.
Why I don't want it: I don't even carry anything important or work related, but i need something to transport my mags and DS.

NIKON DIGITAL SLR CAMERA

Retail: $700
Why I want it: If I want to resurrect me eBay career, this would be a start. And it would be lovely for future travels. CNET recommends this one.
Why I don't want it: I already bought G a camera which can do everything above, which is good for now.

PLAID SNOWBOARD PANTS

SALOMON SNOWBOARD BOOTS

Retail: $150, $130
Why I want it: I think I used Jeff's pants more often than him, and I think I used Arvin's boots more often than him too. Yeah I'ma perpetual borrower.
Why I don't want it: I'll probably just go to the snow once more this season, so maybe I'll wait to purchase during the off-season. And who wants pants that look like PJs?

SCANDINAVIAN DESIGNS POLO DRESSERS

Retail: $450 [but I want 2!]
Why I want it: The plastic bins underneath my bed just aren't cutting it anymore.
Why I don't want it: Can't think of a reason actually - maybe they'd be hard to wrap? This will probably be a Q1'08 asset acquisition.

NIKE AIR MAX 90 BACONS

Retail: $90, but street value is $350
Why I want it: The only shoe out there that I really want. Plus the shirt I'm wearing now would match them.
Why I don't want it: They were on my feet when they first dropped and I could've had them for retail. Now they would cost over triple that.

MODERN CEILING FAN LIGHT

Retail: $700 [but only $350 on eBay!]
Why I want it: My current floor lamp is rusting, and its always been kept indoors. And its remote operated!
Why I don't want it: Installing it might require a lil too much wiring, and do I need another remote?

Well this is all I can think of know. Man I feel sorry for my girlfriend haha. Or I should just say screw it to everything above and get a new whip.
With christmas fast approaching, I figured I'd share what's on my list. But of course I'm not gonna get any of it haha. Everything would still be on my list after the 25th too! Darnit I hate being materialistic. Warning: my HTML skillz are way rusty.
.